Metamask is a great piece of software you can use to manage all of your ERC20 Ethereum tokens. The wallet is a extention you can add to your Chrome, Firefox, Brave or Opera browser. If you have no experience with Metamask we suggest you read this guide first:
If you participate in an ICO you are mostly asked to send your Ethereum from a ERC20 supported wallet like MyEtherWallet or Metamask. You have received custom tokens from a ICO where you participated in to your ETH address. Now you have to add this custom token to your Metamask wallet to acces it. This guide explains how you can add a custom ERC20 Ethereum token to your Metamask wallet.
How to add a custom token to Metamask
- Open Metamask -> Login to metamask
- Click on the tab: ‘Tokens’
- Click on add token and you will see this screen:
- Now you want to add for example OmiseGO to your Metamask wallet. First go to Etherscan.io and click on ‘Token’.
- Search the token you would like to add to your Metamask Wallet, and click it;).
- To add the token to your Metamask wallet you have to add the contract address, the name of the token and the Token Decimals.
- Now add the token to Metamask.
- Now you can see all the different tokens added to your wallet. You would see the funds already if you have sent them to your wallet address before. As you can see the tokens I added contain 0 volume, yet;).
- Congratulations you now added a custom ERC20 token to Metamask.