This guide explains you how to secure your Bibox cryptocurrency account. In this guide we take you through the process on setting-up two factor authenticator (2fa). This step is really important as it adds a second layer of security to your Bibox cryptocurrency account.
“Bibox is one of the top cryptocurrency exchanges in Asia, Bibox looks like a clone of Binance, in fact the interface is really similar, that is great because the interface works great. Bibox offers margin trading and a lot of different altcoins then other exchanges. Their website offers multiple languages; English, Chinese, Korean, Russian and Vietnamese. Bibox does not offer FIAT currencies but does offer Tether (USDT) pairs.”
A password is really easy to steal using a simple keylogger. We have seen lots of stories in the past of people losing their funds because of not protecting their account with 2fa.
Bibox offers two different ways of protecting your account
- Two factor authenticator
- SMS authenticator
In this guide we show you how to set-up two factor authenticator with Google authenticator.
How to secure your account with 2fa with Google authenticator on Bibox
- If you have an android phone go to the Google Play store or if you are on a mobile device click here. If you have an IOS device go to the Appstore or if you are on a mobile device click here.
- Download Google Authenticator and install it on your mobile device.
- Login to Bibox with your email and password.
- Once logged in you should see 2fa on the main screen.
- Once you clicked on enable you should see this screen:
- Once you are on this page it is really important to write down the key that shows under the QR code. This is your back-up key which you can use once you lose your phone. Another thing is to printscreen the QR code and key and print it and save it somewhere dry.
- Once you installed Google Authenticator on your phone open the application
- Press the + button and scan the QR code with your camera or fill in the key.
- Google authenticator now shows a 6 digit code. This code refreshes every 30 seconds.
- On the right side of the page fill in your account password and the code that Google authenticator shows you.
- Congratulations you now set-up 2fa on your Bibox account. Every time you login to Bibox you have to fill in the code that shows on your mobile device.
- Happy Trading