A password is easy to steal from someone with a simple keylogger. Cryptocurrencies are of course worth money so it is important to protect them. Kucoin offers 2fa or Two factor authenticator.
How to set-up 2fa Two factor authentication with Google authenticator on KuCoin
- If you have an android phone go to the Google Play store or if you are on a mobile device click here. If you have an IOS device go to the Appstore or if you are on a mobile device click here.
- Download Google Authenticator and install it on your mobile device.
- Login to KuCoin with your email and password and click ‘ Sign in’
- Once logged in you should see this home screen. Click on ‘ Settings’ on the top of the page.
- As you can see on the right Google 2-Step is not yet activated. Click on ‘Google 2-Step’ on the left side of the page.
- Once you are on this page it is REALLY IMPORTANT to save the 2FA Backup Key.
- Write down this key and save it somewhere safe. Another tip is to printscreen this page and print it and save it in a heatproof vault. This key is important, if your phone crashes or you lose it it saves you a lot of problems if you just save this key. You can add the key to a new device easily.
- Once you installed Google Authenticator on your phone open the application.
- Press the + button and either scan the QR code or fill in the backup key.
- Google Authenticator now shows a 6 digit code that refreshes every 30 seconds.
- On the KuCoin website fill in the google authenticator code that displays on your phone and press submit.
- You now activated Google Authenticator on your KuCoin account. You now added an extra security layer to your account. When you login, or withdrawal funds you now have to fill in the code from Google Authenticator.
- Start trading on KuCoin
- Happy trading!