In this guide we explain how to install and use Metamask.
You can use Metamask to participate in ICO’s or just use it as a wallet. Metamask supports all ERC20 tokens. This makes it great to use in ICO’s as you can send ether and receive the ICO tokens straight in your wallet.
Lets get started. Go straight to the guide
What is Metamask?
For people like you and me Metamask is a tool to control your Ethereum and ERC20 tokens. We at one2crypto use it to participate in ICO’s. Tho Metamask is a lot more then just an Ethereum wallet. It allows you to run dApps straight from your browser and does this without running a full Ethereum node. The good thing about Metamask is that you can add several wallets into the application. This makes it more easy to control different funds and manage your tokens. Learn more about metamask watching this video:
Guide on how to install Metamask
- Go to www.metamask.io
- Make sure you have installed and are using one of the following browsers: Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Opera, Brave.
- Download the extention on the Metamask website for your browser. We are using chrome.
- Install the extention to your browser. Make sure you are installing the one from the right developers or you might lose your funds.
- Once you installed the extention you will notice it in the top right corner of your browser (in Google Chrome).
- Metamask Now asks you to create a password to encrypt your DEN (Password encrypted storage within Metamask).
- Once you filled in your password Metamask now shows you a 12 word feed. Make sure you write them down, print them and store them somewhere safe.
- Congratulations you now installed your Metamask wallet into your browser.
Now that you installed Metamask we can start using it. The interface of Metamask is really clear. You can send straight away from your wallet. You can add custom tokens clicking on the Token tab.
If you want to learn more on how to add a custom token to Metamask read this guide:
You can add different accounts to Metamask. You can import a private key or a Json file.
All in all a great user interface and easy to use. If you would like to add a custom token to Metamask you can follow this guide.