HitBTC – global trading platform with multi-currency support, operating since 2013. The exchange has markets for trading digital assets, tokens and ICOs and provides a wide range of tools as well as stable uptime.
The Platform development started with a 6 million euro venture investment agreement, as of the collaboration between software developers, finance professionals and experienced traders. The core matching engine is among the most advanced technological products in its class and implements innovative features such as real-time clearing, advanced order matching algorithms and has been acclaimed for its fault-tolerance, uptime and high availability.
A password is easy to steal from someone with a simple keylogger. Cryptocurrencies are of course worth money so it is important to protect them. HitBTC offers 2fa or Two factor authenticator.
How to set-up 2fa Two factor authentication with Google authenticator on HitBTC
- If you have an android phone go to the Google Play store or if you are on a mobile device click here. If you have an IOS device go to the Appstore or if you are on a mobile device click here.
- Download Google Authenticator and install it on your mobile device.
- Login to HitBTC with your email and password.
- Once you are logged in you can click on the ‘Settings’ icon.
- When arrived on the Settings page, click on the ‘Security’ tab.
- Once you are on this page it is REALLY IMPORTANT to save the 2FA Backup Key.
- Write down this key and save it somewhere safe. Another tip is to printscreen this page and print it and save it in a heatproof vault. This key is important, if your phone crashes or you lose it it saves you a lot of problems if you just save this key. You can add the key to a new device easily.
- By default you wont be logged out automatically, we suggest changing this to 1 to 8 hours.
- Once you installed Google Authenticator on your phone open the application.
- Press the + button and either scan the QR code or fill in the backup key.
- Google Authenticator now shows a 6 digit code that refreshes every 30 seconds.
- On the HitBTC website fill in the google authenticator code that displays on your phone and press ‘Confirm’.
- Once you added 2fa to your HitBTC account you will see this on the next page.
- Go to your email and click on the link that shows up in your mail provided by HitBTC.
- You now activated Google Authenticator on your HitBTC account.HitBTC
Register on the HitBTC Now!
- Happy trading!